On Guard has quickly become one of my very favorite oils. As a mom of three busy little ones, I find myself using it a lot! I’m so thankful for the amazing support it gives me!
What is On Guard?
On Guard is doTERRA’s protective blend. It’s a beautiful blend of Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Leaf, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils. I absolutely love the smell, it’s like Christmas in a bottle! On Guard is so much more than a good smell, though!
- It provides amazing support for the immune and respiratory systems!
- It helps to protect against seasonal and environmental threats.
- It helps support the body’s natural defenses
- and much more!
On Guard is one of doTERRA’s best-selling oils. It’s been proven to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria! It’s incredibly effective for use in our bodies, on our bodies, and for our homes!
Here are 10 simple ways you can use this oil in your home and for your family!
- Clean with it. I absolutely love cleaning with the On Guard blend. It smells great, it cleans things so well, and it kills germs really effectively! I make a simple spray with half water, half vinegar, and 20 drops of On Guard in a 16 oz spray bottle, and I use this on my counters, in my bathroom, on the table, and anywhere else I need it! I love that it’s non-toxic and all-natural and safe for my kids, too!
- Bake with it! I often add a few drops to my granola bars, muffins, or other baked goods. It gives a kick of cinnamon-y flavor, boosts our immune systems, and tastes delicious! See here for tips, tricks, and basic guidelines for using essential oils in the kitchen.
- Diffuse it! This is a great way to purify the air in your home, kill air-born pathogens, and help keep your family healthy. Essential oils are easily evaporated into the air and readily used by our bodies by way of the olfactory system. Diffusing On Guard is a fantastic way to support everyone in your house!
- Soothe sore, scratchy throats. We probably all suffer with this from time to time during the colder months. It’s been so nice having On Guard in my house to help with these seasonal discomforts! I just gargle a bit of On Guard in some water whenever I feel my throat start to get scratchy and it does wonders! It can be added to honey for kiddos, and can be very effective for their little throat problems too!
- Make an all-natural cough syrup! This is one of my favorite ways to use On Guard! I like to make a natural cough syrup with 1/2 cup raw honey, 2 tsps fresh lemon juice, 5 drops of lemon, 5 drops of On Guard, and 5 drops of ginger. Warm the honey slightly, remove from heat, and add the juice and essential oils in. Mix well and take a small spoonful to relieve coughs, stuffiness, and irritated throats!
- Make your own hand sanitizer! I take this with me everywhere I go! It smells great! I got it out at one of my daughters’ dance lessons and when I used it all the moms were asking what the amazing smell was! On Guard truly does smell amazing, and with it’s awesome germ-killing properties, it’s the perfect choice for a hand sanitizer! I just add 10 drops of On Guard and 1 tsp of aloe vera gel to a 4 oz glass spray bottle and top with rubbing alcohol. Shake well and spray it on everything.
- Keep your kids healthy! Several months ago we started applying On Guard to our kids’ feet every night, and I’ve seen an incredible difference in their health! They hardly ever get sick at all, and when they do they usually get over it super-fast! On Guard has such amazing immune-boosting properties, it’s a wonderful way to support our children every day! We just make a roller bottle blend with 10 drops of On Guard, 5 drops of Frankincense, and 3 drops of Oregano.
- Make an all-natural mouth rinse. The oils in On Guard are very good for oral health, and so using some in your routine each week is a great way to keep your mouth healthy! Just add 1-2 drops of On Guard to a small glass of water and swish it in your mouth for several minutes. Repeat several times a week, or every day, if you can! You can also try this as an oil-pulling routine! Simply add 1-2 drops of On Guard and 1 or 2 other oils to coconut oil and swish for 10-20 minutes, and then spit out.
- Make a healthy, immune-boosting snack! Soak apple slices in a bowl of water and add 2-3 drops of On Guard. Let soak for several minutes and rinse. Your apples with have a delicious cinnamon flavor and provide your body with a healthy boost, as well!
- Make an all-natural toy cleaner with On Guard! Add 20 drops of On Guard to a 16 oz spray bottle with half water and half white vinegar. Shake well and spritz over toys to sanitize them and help kill germs after play dates or when your child has been unwell.
Those are some of my favorite ways to use On Guard! Have you used it yet? How do you like to use it? Let us know in the comments!
I’m a doterra Wellness Advocate, and I love doing what I do! If you are interested in learning more about essential oils or want to find out how you can get them at a huge discount, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out these pages: Become a Wholesale Customer and Work with Me!